Sunday, May 8, 2011

A beautiful review


When I met Devon Hunter for a lunch a few weeks ago, I left him with a signed copy of Little Boy Lost: Enlightened to thank him for answering some questions and helping with research on another novel. Being the eternal optomist, I expected him to politely thank me and toss it into an overflowing book case. (I'm merely guessing by his quick wit and extensive vocabulary that his book cases are overflowing)

On Friday, I saw several comments from him on Twitter (as shown above) that made my whole day. Not only did he take the time to read the book, but he gave it a heartfelt recommendation to nearly two thousand followers. For me, as a woman writing gay romance, it was honestly the highest compliment for a gay man to tell me that he felt my portrayals are realistic and affecting, as Devon had.

I am excited and humbled by the success that Enlightened has had, and I only hope that the rest of the series can live up to the expectations set by the first novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment